Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confessions)
Saturday after 10.00 Mass
INFANT BAPTISMS are normally celebrated in our
Parish on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month at 1.00pm (with effect
from Easter Sunday 2009). A maximum of 4 children are baptised at
Baptisms are primarily for families living in our
Parish. In exceptional circumstances, Baptisms are arranged for
families living outside the Parish.
To arrange a Baptism, please call in to the
Sacristy after Mass any day or make contact with the Parish by
telephone or e-mail. At least 2 weeks’ notice is required.
It is necessary to complete a
Registration Form for the Baptismal Register which can be
Prior to the Baptism, a member of the Baptismal
Preparation Team will make contact with the parents to discuss the
Baptismal Ceremony with them.
One Sponsor/Godparent, male or female, is
sufficient; but there may be two, one of each sex.
Sponsors/Godparents must be baptised Catholics who have made their
First Communion and have been Confirmed. Sponsors/Godparents must be
not less than 16 years of age.
A Baptismal Candle is provided for each child by
the Parish, free of charge.
There is no charge for Baptisms, but it is
customary for parents to make a voluntary donation according to their
ADULTS requesting Baptism are required to undergo
special preparation. For further information, please contact the
- CIVIL PAPERS
- The parties to the Marriage must meet with
the Registrar of Marriages at least 3 months before the Wedding. A
fee of €150 is payable to the Registrar. For further information go
- The priest performing the ceremony must be a
- The Marriage Registration Form issued to the
couple by the Civil Registrar is signed at the end of the Wedding
Ceremony by the priest, the bride & groom and the bestman &
bridesmaid. It is now the couple’s responsibility to post the
completed Marriage Registration Form to the Civil Registrar after
the Wedding Ceremony.
- CHURCH PAPERS
- At least 3 months’ notice of intention to
marry should be given.
- The papers for each party to the marriage are
completed by the priest in the parish where each party resides. The
main form to be completed by the priest for each party is the Pre
Nuptial Enquiry Form.
- Before completing the Pre Nuptial Enquiry
Form, each party should obtain a RECENT Baptismal Certificate and
also a Confirmation Certificate. In some cases, Letters of Freedom
may also be required.
- If your Pre Nuptial Enquiry Form is being
completed in Monkstown, please download the Data Sheet
here and return to the Parish Priest.
- When the Pre Nuptial Enquiry Forms are
completed for each party, they are forwarded to the Parish Priest
for the church where the marriage is to take place.
- Where one party to the marriage is not a
Catholic, special procedures apply.
- Where either or both parties are living
abroad, or when the marriage is taking place abroad, special
- BOOKING ST PATRICK’S CHURCH, MONKSTOWN
- Contact the Parish Priest to check available
- Priority booking is given to Brides/Grooms
from the Parish. Couples from outside the Parish must arrange to
bring their own priest.
- The Parish Organist is Edel Sludds –
Telephone (087) 947 4622.
- The Parish Sacristan is Kieran Brown
– Telephone 2807854
- Arrangements regarding Flowers should be
checked with the Sacristan.
- If a Red Carpet is required, it should be
hired as one is not provided by the Church.
- Photographers and Videographers are expected
to be discreet and reverent and should clear arrangements beforehand
with the priest celebrating the Wedding Ceremony.
- Parking near the Church is limited, but there
is usually space available at Salthill/Monkstown DART Station which
is only 5 minutes’ walk away from the Church.
- There is no charge for the use of the Church,
but it is customary for couples to make a voluntary donation
according to their means.
- PRE-MARRIAGE COURSES
- It is recommended that all couples getting
married undertake a Pre-Marriage Course well in advance of the
- Church Pre-Marriage Courses are organised by
ACCORD. Go to www.accord.ie
Early bookings are recommended as the courses tend to book out
- WEDDING CEREMONY
- The details of the Wedding Ceremony should be
decided in consultation with the priest who is performing the
- It is recommended that a Wedding Rehearsal is
held a few days before the wedding.
- A useful website is
which includes a template of the Wedding Booklet. However, it is
not essential to have a booklet.
- Funerals are normally arranged in
consultation with the Funeral Director chosen by the family.
- The Reception of Remains is usually held at
5.00pm and the Funeral Mass at 10.00am.
- The Parish Organist is Edel Sludds –
- Readings for the Funeral are chosen in
consultation with the priest. A
Planning Sheet for the Funeral Mass can be downloaded
- There is no charge for Funerals, but it is
customary for families to make a voluntary donation according to
- MONKSTOWN BETHANY BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP
provides support for those coming to terms with bereavement. The
Group meets in the Parochial House beside the Church on the second
Wednesday of each month at 8.00pm and on the last Monday of each
month at 10.30am. Further details from Noreen Doherty at 280 6611.
- An annual November Mass is celebrated in the
Church for all who died during the previous 12 months.
- The morning Masses at 7.30am and 10.00am on
the First Friday of the month are celebrated for all our deceased
relatives, friends, neighbours and parishioners and all whose names
are on the Altar List of the Dead.
- Useful Websites:
- Death Notices –
- Death Notices - Irish Independent, Sunday
Independent, Evening Herald -
- Family Notices - Irish Times (Includes
Births, Deaths, Etc) -
- Resources –
- A PRAYER OF CARDINAL NEWMAN
- May you support us all the day long,
- till the shades lengthen and the evening
- and the busy world is hushed
- and the fever of life is over
- and our work is done;
- then in your mercy
- may you give us a safe lodging
- and a holy rest
- and peace at the last